Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Walnut Wednesdays



I took enough time to draw this, that the lines had gotten way too long for me to stand in the hot sun to get lunch. This wasn't stopping all of the people from the business buildings that surround Walnut Ave, though. They were in long lines. You often couldn't tell which line someone was in. This demonstrations the eternal truth about Clevelanders, "We love good food." We don't care if it's in a fine restaurant, a deli, a dive, an old warehouse, a food truck. . . . If you make good food, we will come to eat.


Walnut Wednesdays happens from 11:30-1:00pm weekly. About 8-10 food trucks set up on Walnut Ave to sell for lunch hour. There are a lot of people who show up, so if you plan to go, go early.


I sketched first, and by the time I was done, the lines were far too long for me to stand out in the hot summer sun. I'm upset, because I had planned to get a shrimp po'boy from Zydeco Bistro (I haven't tried them yet). But, all was good, because I didn't see them there anyhow. Maybe I'll catch them next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment