Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Taste of Tremont

Noreen and I went and sketched (and ate) our way around the Taste of Tremont this past weekend.

We ate a lot of food, and fortunately, they had smallish servings, and we did a lot of sharing. We started with chicken paprikash (when in doubt, get chicken paprikash). Then, Noreen got mac and cheese from Lolita, and I got nachos from Grumpy's. The nachos had 3 kinds of beans, great cheese, and a salty/sweet taste. Then, on our way to Lilly Chocolates, we stopped and got wonton chips with bacon quacamole from bac. Then, to Lilly Chocolates where we sat in the a/c and had ice cream floats. I had orange cream soda with malted vanilla bean ice cream. Very good as always, thanks Amanda and Lilly girls! Then, we hit Cookie and a Cupcake. Now, I just figured that all I'd heard about them has been hype. Buy, no way! I got just the normal yellow cake with chocolate cream frosting, and boy, it was the best yellow cake ever.



As if that wasn't enough, I got a cabbage roll to take home from the booth for Prosperity Social Club. We also strolled through the shops and St. John's church. All in all, a great 4 hours or so spent outside in the gloriously hot day. The only thing that could have made it better is if Tremont had set up misters to spray the crowd. That would have been awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment