Monday, September 5, 2011

Idea Center at Playhouse Square

This is the Idea Center on Euclid Avenue near Playhouse Square. It houses our PBS station, and although it is a minor part in this sketch, has a really cool sign along the left side of the building. I went Sunday afternoon to draw this building and to listen to the jets fly overhead from the air show, and I didn't realize how interesting the buildings facade really is until I sat and started to draw it. Was a lot of fun, though I probably didn't capture the best news on the scrolling thing above the bottom windows. Not a lot of activity going on around this area this morning, but I got the sketch in before it started to rain again.

2 comments:

  1. I have found that downtown is loaded with buildings with terrific architectural detail. Structures that I've passed by all my life have delightful detailing on them. It's just lost in the overall effect, which is a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Feris Bueller said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a whil, you could miss it."

    ReplyDelete